Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Oh the days, Oh the days.

I remember when I was a young mom of two, you know, back in my twenties, when my people would tell me my life was a walking comedy.  Tonight as I reflected on that time I agreed.  Sometimes, our craziest days end up being our favorites.  One day in particular popped into mind.   My new baby was probably only a week or two old. My oldest, 13 months.  The dog, not and my other two children, not yet in the picture and my hubby on one of his yearly buisness trips.  I think my oldest just came up with the measles, I jumped into the shower with my baby crying in the bouncer, my nursing bra strap broke while dressing, and my toddler was into something (I forget what).  I head down stairs only to realize that the wind had knocked over my garbage can which had just been filled with the contents of my personal bathroom garbage.  Because I just had had a baby that personal garbage bag was filled with pads of all sorts and sizes (after you have a baby it fills like your whole body is covered in pads!) Anyway, I just remember running through the street picking up my tumbling pads that were blowing into various yards with my wet hair, my flapping bra straps with both kiddos by the door screaming because their mother had suddenly left them to chase foreign objects.  By the time I got most things rounded up, I was crying and yes, it had begun to rain!  Oh the days... Oh the days... And yes, "those" days probably prepared me for "these" days.  Like today when I caught a mouse in my laundry room, the front door knob busted (still not sure how), picked gum off of my three year olds hands because he had tried to "roll the gum into a ball" while upstairs in my bathroom (I still haven't cleaned that up), noticed a new indoor home garden was all over my window seal and carpet, had bit the dust by the window seal and was probably going to be t  watched my young son flick chicken pieces on the floor while finishing his dinner, and asked for how many times for everyone to get into their jams so we could finally get to bed as I tried to calm my baby who was supposed to still be napping. And this all happened as I sat trying to nurse my baby! (well, I had just previously noticed the mouse as I took the load of cleaned "piddle" sheets out of the drier!) Oh, the days... Oh, the days!