Monday, March 26, 2012

Wrestle on the Ground-- We are tougher than we think!

My kiddos were snuggled, all tucked in their beds so I, like any good wife, tackled my spouse.  No worries.  This is not a moment of shear passion, but pokes and "tackles" or at least attempts by me and comical acceptance with speratic attacks back from my spouse.  Okay, maybe it's not totally normal.  But fun.  Anyway, my three year old came sneaking down the stairs and joined in the attack against dad.    With sound effects and all this three year old threw everything he and his 29 lbs had against his 200+ lb daddy totally believing he was going to end in victory.  The young ARE tough and some how as we grow we begin a totally different education that we are tougher than we think!

Speaking of tougher than we think, I took my little ones and we bundled up and went outside for a walk to pick up one of their siblings.  No joke, sleet(!) was flying back into our faces.  We had been in our swimsuits just a few days prior. I was so proud of our little ones.  They walked with foreheads against the elements and minimal complaints.  It was a long walk.  Sometimes we are tougher than we think!